Thursday, April 23, 2015

Selma's Treatsickles Coated Crisped Rice Treats


Rice crispy treat on a stick, partially dipped in white chocolate. The coating adds some sweetness, but in the cloying way of cheap white chocolate. The ingredients list agrees: there's both "white confectionery wafers" (no cocoa butter) and "cocoa confectionery wafers" (has cocoa). But the cocoa variety comes after the coloring ingredients, so I think it's just used for the "seeds". There's no flavor to it beyond the vanilla flavor already in marshmallows and the coating. The low quality of the is a bit of a detriment. For such a great looking treat, the result is a disappointment.
Also, "Treatsickles" in the product name is spelled as it is on the package. I'm not sure if I'd put the word "sick" in my product name (and popsicle does not have a 'k'). I do see they've dropped the 'k' on their website description.
44/100

No comments:

Post a Comment